Browse our list of upcoming events, or use the month view to look ahead.
If you are searching by date, use the format DD/MM/YYYY and select ‘Find Events’.
- This event has passed.
Bee and Pollination Festival
Saturday 27 August 2022 at 10:00 am to Sunday 28 August 2022 at 5:00 pm£11
The Bee and Pollination Festival returns this year on the earlier weekend of the August bank holiday. This is a great place to learn about the vital role pollinators play in our lives, see demonstrations, exhibits, and talks, buy honey and see the Botanic Garden in all its September finery.
Speakers include; Dr Rowena Jenkins (Sunday 2pm) from University of Cardiff will reveal the amazing benefits of Manuka honey and its use in surgery; Dr Thomas O’Shea-Wheller (Saturday 11am) discusses the advance, behavior and threat of the Asian hornet; Dr Steve Nicholls (Saturday 2pm) give an introduction to the world of
dragonflies and how they have evolved; Monica Barlow (Sunday 3pm) for Bees for Development shows how conserving bees and making the beekeepers work economically viable can help conserve natural habitat for some of the world’s poorest communities. Click here full listing of talks.
Exhibitors and demonstrators include:
- Beans and Herbs: bee friendly flower and vegetable seeds
- Bee Happy Plants
- University of Bristol Biological Sciences: pollinator research
- Bristol Beekeepers Association
- Chris Park, skep maker and story teller
- Grow Wilder; Avon wildlife Trust’s six acre outdoor learning hub and wildflower nursery
- The IsamBards will be leading poetry walks around the garden
Pay on the door or buy a ticket in advance here.