Become a member of the Friends of the Botanic Garden. Members get free entry to the garden, 10 seed packets, and access to exclusive events.
If you wish to join the Friends you may purchase your membership at the Welcome Lodge when you visit the Garden. Ask for a form for completion or you can download a form beforehand from the link shown below and take it with you. Payment to be by Cash, Cheque or Debit/ Credit Card.
You will receive your membership pack and cards and be able to enjoy the benefits immediately.
Annual membership is a wonderful way to enjoy the seasonal changes in the Botanic Garden and gives the benefits shown below.
Single membership £30
Joint membership £45
Benefactor membership (allows entry to 2 people) £150
Life membership £750 - For further details of Life Membership, please contact the Membership Secretary
If you wish to join the Friends, please download Membership application form A and send to the Membership Secretary with your remittance.
Membership is for 12 months from the quarter of joining; the quarters are timed to coincide with the newsletter distribution dates. Please see Membership application form B for full details.
This is a popular membership for those Friends who wish to give additional support to the Botanic Garden and in particular towards the cost of training horticultural trainees. The Friends have a long history of supporting training and education and many of the trainees pursue a career within horticulture, many at prestigious gardens.
Benefactor subscriptions are held in the Friends’ Education and Training Fund and used for payment of the salary of a horticultural trainee at the Garden.
In addition to the Friends’ membership benefits Benefactors receive: -
- A Benefactor’s membership card for two, including an unnamed guest
- Invitation to a summer evening event with a tour by the Curator followed by refreshments and, if available, a preview of the summer exhibition
- Complimentary tickets to the Jazz Festival in July
(All events are currently subject to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions)
If you would like to become a Benefactor, please contact the Membership Secretary, Sue Beech: email@example.com
If you would like to make a gift of membership to a friend or relative to enjoy the Botanic Garden then please download and print the attached Gift Membership Form and send it to the Membership Secretary.
Donating through Gift Aid means charities like the Friends can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give if you are a tax payer. It will not cost you any extra but you will need to complete a form to enable us to make the claim.
If you have already paid your subscription but not already authorised the Friends to claim then please download and complete the form Gift Aid declaration.
Thank you for your support.
Benefits of membership
- Free entry to the garden throughout the year
- Exclusive tours with the curator
- Talks from top horticultural speakers
- Sculpture and art exhibitions
- Grow special plants from seeds from the Botanic Garden
- Regular newsletters with updates on the garden and events
- Free entry to Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum (on production of your Friends membership card)
- Free entry to Ness Botanic Garden, Liverpool (on production of your Friends membership card)
We use income generated by the Friends to invest in new projects and contribute towards the upkeep of the Garden.
The Friends of the Garden are very grateful for the support given by our corporate members. Contact the Friends of the Botanic Garden if your organisation would like to support our work.
We are currently supported by:
- Almondsbury Garden Centre
- Butcombe Brewery
- Cleeve Nursery
- World Odyssey
- The Museum of East Asian Art
If you have any questions about memberships, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org